Billy Cox to Anchor Experience Hendrix 2011 Tour
The Experience Hendrix Tour, which pays homage to the life and works of Jimi Hendrix, is being reprised for 2011, as the first eight dates have been announced. The performances are set in the West Coast, bouncing between Nevada, California, and Arizona. The Santa Rosa, California stop has already been sold out.
Bassist Billy Cox, who was played in the Band of Gypsys as well as the Jimi Hendrix Experience, will once again be anchoring the tour. Cox and Hendrix first met during their stint in the Army, eventually making history together at legendary shows including Woodstock and the Isle of Wight Festival.
The tour also includes artists Steve Vai, Robert Randolph, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, David Hidalgo & Cesar Rosas of Los Lobos, Keb’ Mo, Eric Johnson, North Mississippi All Stars, Brad Whitford of Aerosmith, Living Colour (with bassist Doug Wimbish), Ernie Isley, Chris Layton of Double Trouble, and Indigenous. Special guests as well as more shows will be announced soon. For more details, visit the Experience Hendrix website.
2011 The Experience Hendrix Tour Initial Tour Dates:
- May 20, 2011: Las Vegas, NV – Hilton Theatre, Las Vegas Hilton
- May 22, 2011: Dana Point, CA – Doheny Blues Festival
- May 23, 2011: Mesa, AZ – Mesa Arts Center
- May 24, 2011: Tucson, AZ – AVA Amphitheatre, Casino del Sol
- May 26, 2011: Santa Rosa, CA – Wells Fargo Performing Arts Center (Sold Out)
- May 27, 2011: Reno, NV – Grand Theatre, Grand Sierra Resort & Casino
- May 28, 2011: Santa Cruz, CA – Santa Cruz Blues Festival
- May 29, 2011: Avila Beach, CA – Avila Beach Blues Festival