Dream Theater Announces New Album, Tour Dates
In preparation for their next album, Dream Theater have announced a run of North American tour dates starting September 24th at the Warfield in San Francisco. This will be the group’s first venture without drummer Mike Portnoy, who left the band in September 2010 and subsequently replaced by Mike Mangini.
The new album, A Dramatic Turn of Events, is due out September 27. Bassist John Myung, who reportedly also contributed lyrics to the project, commented on the band’s direction after Portnoy’s departure, which is now coming true.
“We want to make a great record that we’re happy with and have a great next tour,” he said. “That’s what we do, and that’s what we’re looking at.”
Guitarist John Petrucci weighed in on the new tour, which will also feature their label mates, Trivium.
“We are all very pumped about the release of A Dramatic Turn Of Events this September, as well as the world tour we’ll embark upon in support of the album,” Petrucci explained. “Our first leg will bring us throughout North America where we’ll showcase songs from the new album along with tons of fan favorites and a brand new tour production unlike any other that we’ve done before. We’re equally excited to have our friends in Trivium join us. It’s sure to be an incredible tour. We’re looking forward to seeing all of our friends on the road this fall!”
Dream Theater “A Dramatic Turn of Events” Tour Dates:
- September 24, 2011: San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
- September 25, 2011: Los Angeles, CA – Nokia Theater
- September 27, 2011: Seattle, WA – Showbox SODO
- September 28, 2011: Vancouver, BC – Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- October 3, 2011: Royal Oak, MI – Royal Oak Music Theatre (no TRIVIUM)
- October 4, 2011: Pittsburgh, PA – Trib Total Media Amphitheatre
- October 6, 2011: Toronto, ON – Massey Hall
- October 7, 2011: Montreal, QC – Place des Arts
- October 8, 2011: Quebec City, QC – Pavilion de la Jeunesse
- October 10, 2011: Boston, MA – Orpheum Theatre
- October 11, 2011: Morristown, NJ – Mayo Performing Arts Center
- October 12, 2011: New York, NY – Beacon Theatre
- October 22, 2011: Clearwater, FL – Ruth Eckerd Hall (no TRIVIUM)
- October 25, 2011: Houston, TX – Verizon Wireless Theater
- October 26, 2011: Austin, TX – Bass Concert Hall