The Smashing Pumpkins, anchored by bassist Nicole Fiorentino, have announced an October tour of the U.S. The 12-city trek will focus on intimate venues spanning coast to coast and serve as a warm up for 2012, which will also see the release of a new album, Oceania.
Oceania will be the group’s first full-length release with Fiorentino, who joined the group after an open audition.
Set for a release early next year, the project is described as “an album within an album,” as it is a continuation of the on-going 44-track epic, Teargarden by Kaleidyscope. So far, all of Teargarden has been available for free download, though no word has come on the availability of Oceania.
Smashing Pumpkins Oceania Tour Dates:
- October 5, 2011: Los Angeles, CA @ Wiltern
- October 7, 2011: Oakland, CA @ Fox Theatre
- October 8, 2011: Las Vegas, NV @ Cosmopolitan
- October 10, 2011: Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
- October 13, 2011: Milwaukee, WI @ Riverside Theatre
- October 14, 2011: Chicago, IL @ TBA
- October 15, 2011: Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore
- October 17, 2011: Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- October 18, 2011: New York, NY @ Terminal 5
- October 19, 2011: Providence, RI @ Lupo’s
- October 21, 2011: Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre
- October 22, 2011: Philadelphia, PA @ Tower Theatre