Tool Announces North American Tour Dates
With over five years since their last album and a little over a year since their last performance, Tool has confirmed that they will be playing a handful of shows in 2012, starting in Reno, Nevada on January 14th.
The band, consisting of bassist Justin Chancellor, singer Maynard James Keenan, drummer Danny Carey and guitarist Adam Jones will be making scattered appearances across the U.S. with a couple Ontario shows mixed in. The concerts come just a week after fans were teased with two shows that were posted on Ticketmaster’s website but removed after a couple hours.
The group also appears to be working on their newest album though details are unclear. A recent but cryptic post on the Tool website says they are currently in the writing process.
“But what about TOOL’s new album, you ask? Are they still making progress with the writing and arranging sessions? Will they be working during the holidays as a Gamma ray-mutated pterosaur tramples on foreclosed gingerbread houses? Absolutely! (for the quintillionth time)…”
Only a handful of dates have been announced, with more expected. Tickets for all shows listed go on sale December 16th.
Tool North American Tour Dates
- January 14, 2012: Reno, NV – Reno Events Center
- January 17, 2012: Tucson, AZ – Tucson Arena
- January 18, 2012: Albuquerque, NM – Tingley Coliseum
- January 20, 2012: Grand Prairie, TX – Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie
- January 24, 2012: Toledo, OH – Huntington Center
- January 25, 2012: Toronto, ON – ACC
- January 26, 2012: London, ON – JLC
- January 29, 2012: Camden, NJ – Susquehanna Bank Center
- January 31, 2012: Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun Arena
- Februrary 8, 2012: Duluth, GA – Gwinnett Arena