AC Guitars Introduces Salace Model
AC Guitars has released a new model, dubbed the “Salace”. Built with the help of Paul Sugden, the bass was intended to be a headless design, but is also available with a headstock.
Though AC Guitars builds to suit, this particular Salace is a 6-string bass with a wenge body and Maracarpra top. The neck is made of 7-pieces of wenge and maple with an ebony fretboard, while Luminlay side dot position markers are included for better visibility on dark stages. The pickup is an ACG RFB in a wenge/macassar ebony cover fed into an ACG EQ02 3K pre-amp.
Luthier Alan Cringean explains that the Salace is “available with the usual wide selection of woods and hardware that are normally available in all ACG basses,” and that prices begin at £1400.00 (approx. $2,191 USD) for a 4-string model. For more details, check out the AC Guitars website.
0094 Salace 6 Headless Specs:
- Maracarpra top with Wenge body
- 7 piece Wenge/Maple neck with Ebony board Luminlay side dots
- ACG RFB in a wenge/Mac Ebony cover into an ACG EQ02 3K pre-amp
- Gloss finish
0093 Salace 5 Headless Specs:
- Holly top with Bloodwood accent on to Black Walnut body
- 5 piece Wenge/Bloodwood neck with Acrylic Impregnated Birdseye Maple finger board
- PB and RFB in Bloodwood cover into an East U-Retro Deluxe
- Satin finish