Ashdown Introduces Classic Tube Magnifier All Tube Bass Amp
Ashdown unveiled their new Classic Tube Magnifier all tube bass amp at the NAMM show last month. The company, who is celebrating their 15th anniversary, also rolled out custom shop options and were displaying the head in standard and custom covering.
Housed in 18mm Marine grade birch ply cabinet, the CTM 300 features a power section consisting of six KT88 tubes pumping 300 Watts RMS into 2, 4 and 8 ohm cabinet outputs. Each ohmage has its own speakon jack instead of a selector to prevent accidents. A cool feature is the user adjustable bias for each power tube, which is set by pressing the Bias switch next to the VU meter. The meter then goes from displaying overall output to individual tube performance.
The amp has active and passive inputs and a 3-band EQ with Mellow, Deep, Mid-Shift, and Bright switches for further contouring. Other features include a front-facing tube-driven DI, a mute switch, and a front-facing effects loop.
The Ashdown Classic Tube Magnifier bass amp will be available with a street price of around $2,399. For more, visit the Ashdown website.
Ashdown Classic Tube Magnifier All Tube Bass Amp Specs:
- Power Output (RMS): 300 Watts
- Power Requirement: 750 Watts
- Frequency Response: 35Hz to 18Khz
- Speaker Outputs: Speakon
- High Instrument Input: 450MV
- Low Instrument Input: 150MV
- DI Output: Valve Driven Transformer Derived
- Output Impedance: 2 Ohm Minimum, Additional Outputs for 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm
- EQ: Simple Passive Rotary Control EQ Section. Bass Middle Treble Plus a varied array of sound shaping push buttons.
- Effects Send: Yes
- Effects Return: Yes
- Pre-Amp Tubes: 1 x ECC83 1 x ECC832 1 x ECC99 2 x ECC82
- Output Tubes: 6 x KT88
- Weight: 33kg (approximately 72 pounds)