Epifani Introduces AL Series Aluminum Combos and Cabinets at NAMM
Epifani has announced the AL combo and speaker line, utilizing hybrid aluminum enclosures. The new models have a pure aluminum shell paired with wood front and rear baffles, with the combos containing the company’s Piccolo 600 amplifier and DIST speaker technology. DIST allows for the combos to run at 4 ohms on their own and switch to 8 ohms when a an 8-ohm extension cab is connected.
The new series includes 210 and 112 combo amps, each rated at up to 600 watts at 4 ohms. Besides the main drivers, both models come equipped with a 100-watt Bullet Tweeter, which is adjustable via a control knob. The amps share all the same controls as the Piccolo 600, with features including a Bass, Middle, and Treble controls, a mid-cut control, and a Vintage switch that offers warmer tone. The amps weigh in at 45 and 36 pounds, respectively.
The extension cabs in the line include a 2×10, a 1×12, and a 1×10. They carry all the features of the combos without the amp, and are rated at 500, 300, and 500 watts RMS. They each cary a pair of Speakon outputs as well as 1/4″ jacks.
The Epifani AL Series will be available soon with prices starting at $799 for the extension cabs and $1,299 for the combos. For more info, check out the Epifani website.
Epifani AL 112 and 210 Combo Specs:
- Single Channel Preamp
- Class-D Power amp
- Switch-Mode Power Supply
- Driver: 1 x 12″ Epifani Ceramic Driver for 112, 2 x 10″” Epifani Ceramic Drivers for 210
- 100 Watt Bullet Tweeter with Adjustable Tweeter Control
- Switchable 8 or 4 Ohms Using DIST Technology
- Power: 385W RMS @ 8 Ohms; 600W RMS @ 4 Ohms
- Amplifier Response: 20Hz – 25Hz
- Cabinet Response: 44Hz – 16kHz
- Sensitivity: 98dB (1W@1m)
- 2 x Speakon + 1/4″ Output Connectors
- Solid Aluminum Enclosure
- Specially Engineered Wood Baffle
- Finishes: Powder Coat Finishes (White w/Red or Graphite w/Red)
- Tuner Out
- XLR Direct Out
- Tone Controls: Bass – Shelving + 22dB @ 40 Hz; Mid – Shelving + 17dB @ 550 Hz; Treble – Shelving + 22dB @ 3 kHz; MID CUT – 8 dB @ 800 Hz
- Vintage Switch: Proprietary Circuit selectable switch engages tube emulated ‘warmer’ tone
- Voltage selector 120/240V 50/60Hz