Aria Guitars To Unveil Cliff Burton Signature Bass at NAMM
Aria Guitars has announced they’ll be launching the Aria Pro II Cliff Burton Signature Bass at NAMM this week. A year in the making, the bass is a replica of the Black ’n Gold I bass Burton played.
The bass made with the authorization of the late bassist’s family and bandmates in Metallica, with whom Burton set the bar for heavy metal bass before his tragic death in 1986.
Featuring neck-thru construction, the the Aria Pro II Cliff Burton Signature Bass is built with a 7-ply maple and walnut neck, alder body, and rosewood fretboard with cat eye and mother of pearl inlays. It’s fitted with an Aria MB-V passive pickup with a tone and volume controls as well as a dual sound mini-toggle switch. Other features include 24K gold plated tuners and bridge, 100% solid brass bridge unit, brass nut, a deluxe ostrich hardshell case, and a certificate of authenticity.
According to the Aria Guitars website, the bass will be limited to 250 instruments and will sell for ¥588,000 (Approx. $6,530 USD). The official release at NAMM will include a presentation with Cliff’s father, Ray Burton, who will do the introduction and sign autographs on Friday, January 25th at 12pm at the Aria Guitars booth.
Aria Pro II Cliff Burton Signature Bass Photos:
Aria Pro II Cliff Burton Signature Bass Specs:
- Headstock: Original SB Design
- Neck Shape: Standard, Medium
- Neck: 7 Ply Maple/Walnut
- Neck Joint: Neck-through, Heel-less Cutaway
- Tuners: Handmade Solid Brass Tuner Buttons, 24 K Gold Plated
- Nut: 40mm Width Solid Brass
- Truss rod Cover: Solid Brass
- Headstock Front Inlays: Patent Statement
- Headstock Back Inlay: Cliff Burton Authorized Signature
- Fretboard Scale: 34? or 864mm
- Frets: 24 Frets
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlays: Cat Eye, Mother of Pearl Inlays
- Body Shape: Original SB Shape, Super Balanced Body
- Body Material: Alder
- Pickup: Aria MB-V Passive Pickup
- Controls: 1xVolume, 1xTone, 1-Dual Sound Mini-Toggle Switch
- Knobs: Black SB Knobs
- Tailpiece: Solid Brass With 24K Gold Plated Saddles and Black Plated Body
- Strap Pins: 18K Gold Plated Solid Brass
- Strings: Rotosound RS66LB (35, 55, 70, 90)
- Certificate: Certificate of Authenticity Signed by Ray Burton and Toshi Matsumura
- Case: Deluxe Ostrich Hardshell Case With Gold Hardware