Hold on to your hats.
Periphery’s Adam “Nolly” Getgood shared the details of his newest axe from G-Spot Basses called the Temptress, and the name fits the bill. The handmade six-string bass was built by luthier Steve Gammon out of Hollywood, Florida and recently got its debut at one of Periphery’s concerts.
Based around a swamp ash body, the Temptress features a gorgeous curly redwood top and a 7-piece wenge and cherry neck that’s complemented with a Pau Ferro fingerboard. The bass has an extended 35-inch scale with 24 frets to offer two octaves per string.
The pickups are a set of Bartolini Quad Coil Humbuckers matched to a Petronouv XK3 preamp with volume, blend, treble, mid, and bass controls. It also has a 40Hz filter switch. The bridge and tuners are made by Hipshot, and in case the low B-string isn’t deep enough for you, it’s fitted with a D-Tuner to drop it even further at the flick of a switch.
Nolly is currently on summer tour with Periphery. For more on G-Spot Basses, check out their website.
Adam “Nolly” Getgood’s G-Spot Basses Temptress Photos:
Adam “Nolly” Getgood’s G-Spot Basses Temptress Specs:
- Number of Strings: 6
- DRop Top: Curly Redwood
- Body Wood: Swamp Ash
- Finish: Satin Conversion Varnish
- Laminated Neck: 7 Piece Wenge & Cherry
- Fretboard: Pau Ferro
- Fretboard Radius: 16?
- Nut: Wenge
- Scale Length: 35? with 24 Frets
- String Spacing: .75?
- String Gauge: .145 .105 .85 .65 .45 .32
- Pickups: Bartolini Quad Coil Humbuckers
- Electronics: Petronouv XK3 Preamp 9v
- Volume, Blend, Treble, Mid, Bass, 40Hz Filter Switch
- Size: 2 1/4? (57mm) x 1 1/8? (29mm) x 1/2? (13mm)
- Bass Control: + / -18 dB@40 Hz
- Mid Control: + / -16 dB@750 Hz
- Treble Control: + / -16 dB@6 KHz
- Input Impedance: 500K ohm
- Output Impedance: 100 ohm
- Distortion: 0.01%
- Noise: -98 dBm
- Bridge: HipShot Style A Aluminum
- Tuners: HipShot Ultra Lites and D Tuner
- Hardware Color: Black
- Side Dots: 1/16? Glow In The Dark
- Fret Wire: Jumbo Nickel/Silver