Bass of the Week: Ella Basses #0015
No Treble columnist Ryan Madora covered Summer NAMM for us this year, and one of the most striking pictures she took was at the Ella Basses booth.
This week we check out company’s #0015 bass, which centers around a beautiful blend of exotic woods.
The front of the bass is adorned with an interesting selection of cocobolo on its body top and fingerboard. The core of the body is limba, while the neck is a laminate of rock maple and wenge. The theme is continued on the bass’s pickup covers, which are limba and cocobolo.
The #0015’s neck is supported with a two-way adjustable truss rod and carbon fiber reinforcement. The pickups are a pair of Bartolini 5-string classic dual coils matched with a Bartolini two-band preamp. The controls include a volume knob, a blend knob, and a stacked bass/treble knob.
For more info, check out the Ella Basses website.
Ella Basses #0015 Bass Photo Gallery:
Ella Basses #0015 Bass Specs:
- Construction: Double cut body with deep set neck
- Body: Limba
- Top: Cocobolo
- Neck: Rock Maple and Wenge with two-way adjustable truss rod with carbon fiber reinforcement
- Fretboard: Cocobolo
- Headstock: Rock Maple with Cocobolo Faceplate
- Pickup Covers: Cocobolo and Limba
- Pickups: Passive Bartolini 5-string classic bass dual coils
- Electronics: Bartolini two-band preamp
- Scale: 35?
- Nut width: 51.95 mm
- String spacing at nut: 10.5mm
- Saddle Width: 77.41 mm
- String spacing at bridge: 18.78 mm
- Neck Thickness: 27/32? at first fret and 61/64 at 12th fret
- Neck shape: Semi-Shallow C
- Weight: 8 pounds 14 ounces
- Frets: 24, plus Zero Fret
- Fret wire: Medium Guitar Wire
- Fretboard radius: 16?
- Bridge: Bass Hipshot A-Style
- Tuners: Gold Plated Hipshot