Von Dauer Launches Bass Line with Art Bass M1
Von Dauer, a newly formed German bass brand, has announced the launch of their first bass called the Art Bass model M1. The instrument is handmade in Germany in small production runs.
The M1 riffs on the traditional J shape with a whitewood body accented by an inset stained ash scratchplate that’s sits flush with the top. Its body is chambered under the plate to reduce overall weight while enhancing acoustic tones and sustain. Von Dauer also considered weight with the bass’s headstock, which is slimmed down to reduce neckdive. The tuners are Hipshot Ultralites.
The pickups are a pair of Häussel JB 4 string side by side-humbuckers that are matched with a Noll TCM2 preamp. Controls include Balance, Bass, Treble, and Volume with a push/pull function to toggle between active and passive modes.
The von Dauer Art Bass Model M1 is available now with a MSRP of approximately $6,075. An option for a swamp ash body in a natural finish is coming soon. For more info, check out the von Dauer website.
Von Dauer Art Bass Model M1 Photos:
Von Dauer Art Bass Model M1 Specs:
- Body Wood: Whitewood (painted)
- Shape: J
- Type: Solid with chambering
- Scratchplate: Figured ash, inset flush to body. Anthracite stained satin finish
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin clear lacquer
- Headstock: von Dauer shape, 4 on a side tuners + string tree
- Fingerboard: Maple, satin clear lacquer finish
- Inlays: Black dots and side markers
- Frets: 22
- String spacing: 19mm
- Fitting: Screwed to body – 6 screw.
- Truss rod: Yes
- Scale: 34″
- Controls: Noll TCM2 EQ
- Controls: Volume (push/pull), Balance, Bass, Treble
- Pickups: 2 Häussel JB 4 string side by side-humbuckers. ABS black
- Bridge: ETS shining chrome. String spacing 57mm
- Tuners: Hipshot Ultralite Licensed bass tuners, clover key
- Tree: ETS string tree chrome
- Straplocks: Chrome
- Weight: approx. 9.7 lbs