Bass & Creativity: Modulation and Chord Progressions
In this lesson, we’ll dive into the fundamental mechanics of modulation within chord changes. You’ll learn how to navigate between two tonalities, building harmonic sequences borrowing chords in two different, yet related tonalities.
Remember to practice on bass and other instruments, with and without accompaniment. Utilize as many tonalities as you wish, building and exploring your own chord progressions.
Here are the timestamps for each section of the lesson:
- 0:00 – Intro to modulations
- 0:28 – One note (1b) change modulation
- 01:15 – CM7 Am BbM7 F 7
- 02:40 – F/A G/B Gm Dm
- 04:31 – Two notes (2b) change modulation
- 05:37 – DM7 Am C GM7
- 07:27 – A7sus G7sus A7sus Dm
- 09:04 – Three notes (3b) change modulation
- 10:25 – AM7 Dm FG AM7
- 12:10 – F#m FM7 F#m Dm
- 14:12 – Conclusion and general advice