Victor Wooten Announces “The ABC’s of Gigs, Touring, and Management” Virtual 3-Day Camp
Victor Wooten and his crew have announced a new virtual three-day camp as part of VixCamps called “The ABC’s of Gigs, Touring, and Management.” The course deals with the business side of music and offers advice on how to book gigs, negotiate fees, create contracts, and more.
“If you’ve ever booked a gig at a club or the corner bar, negotiated a fee, hired musicians, completed the gig and got paid, whether you realize it or not you’ve already dabbled in the roles of manager, tour manager, bandleader, and crew,” Wooten writes. “Join me and the team I’ve worked with for decades to learn the inner skills to make each gig enjoyable and run as smoothly as possible even before you leave the house.”
The three-day camp will be held via Zoom on October 9th through the 11th and is open to students of any age. Tuition is $300. For more info and to register, visit the VixCamps website.
The ABC’s of Gigs, Touring, and Management Topics:
- How to book gigs, tours, and negotiate fees.
- Percentages and bonuses and how to negotiate them.
- What are the differences between a manager and a tour manager, and when do you need either?
- How to lead a band and/or be a support musician.
- When do you need a contract?
- What are the first and last things you should do when arriving or leaving a gig?
- Expectations and responsibilities of the promoter, performer, and the venue.
- Merchandise and other ways to supplement a gig or tour.