“The Mark King Bass Book” Gets Re-Release
Initially released in 2010, The Mark King Bass Book by Stuart Clayton has been re-licensed and re-released. The 192-page book features transcriptions of 10 of King’s bass lines from Level 42’s catalog as well as four live bass solos.
Each song is presented with both musical notation and tablature with extensive performance notes. Clayton also gives an in-depth analysis of King’s style to begin the book.
It’s clear Clayton knows his stuff on these lines. You can check out his playthrough of “Sandstorm” (which is included in the book) here:
The Mark King Bass Book is available through Amazon.
The Mark King Bass Book Song List:
- Theme to Margaret
- Mr. Pink
- Dune Tune
- Foundation & Empire
- The Pursuit of Accidents
- The Return of the Handsome Rugged Man
- The Essential
- Bass Solo (from A Physical Presence)
- Bass Solo (from Live at Wembley 1986)
- Bass Solo (from Live at Town & Country Club)
- Bass Solo (from Live at Reading 2001)