Carvin has delivered yet again with the BX1200 bass amplifier. The BX1200 pumps out 1200 watts at 4 ohms and remains free of distortion with it’s class A preamps. The BX1200 also has extensive equalization features, giving you total control over the shape and feel of your tone. The BX1200 also includes a bi-amp crossover system for feeding the dual power amps. If your gig requires bi-amping power it only takes a single push of a button.
From Carvin’s site: “The EQ starts up front with the contour control going from a flat mid response to a heavy scooped mid response for slap bass players. The 5-band tone control section features three semi-parametric EQ controls and high and low shelving controls. The EQ includes a footswitchable 9 – band Graphic EQ. To warm up the sound, the preamp DRIVE can push the Class A preamps to a slight warm growl. The BX1200 provides the ultimate in tone diversity.”
The full feature list includes:
- Advanced Equalization – three EQ sections
- Active Passive front panel input gain switch
- 5-band three sweep tone control section
- 9-band foot switch able graphic EQ
- Single knob silent Optical compressor w/auto limiter
- Internal crossover for bi-amp system
- Preamp DRIVE and MASTER volume controls
- XLR Direct out with Level, ground lift & pre-post preamp controls
- Effects loop Switch able by front panel or FS22 footswitch
- Tune output jack independent of mute switch.
- High current Speakon connectors
- RMS 8 ohm 275W/ch, 4 ohm 400W/ch, 2ohm 600W/ch
- 8 ohms Bridge 800W, 4 ohms Bridge 1200W
- THD less than .03% at 90% output.
- Freq. Resp.: 20-20k Hz
- Dual speed fan
- Active Passive input (-10DB)
- Covered in black vinyl
- 5.7” H x 21.6” W x 12” D
- Weight: 23 lbs.
The Carvin BX1200 ($1,395 MSRP) currently sells for $599.99 direct and is made in San Diego, California.