Bunny Brunel is expanding on his signature line of electric upright basses with a new custom carve option, in eco-friendly Mahogany wood.
Introduced last year, Brunel’s EUBs are 3/4 size uprights (41 1/4″ scale), with an Italian-style D neck.
The custom carve basses start at $6,500.00 and ship with a custom flight case and gig bag combination. The standard basses start at $4,495.00.
Bunny Brunel Signature EUB Specs:
- 3/4 Size Upright Bass (41 1/4″ scale) with an Italian-Style D Neck
- Classic Ecologically-Cultivated Mahogany Neck and Scroll with fret markers on the side to help beginners and electric bass players who want to switch to upright bass
- Ebony Macassar Fingerboard with small markers for the high register to compensate from the missing body for positioning
- Solid Ecologically-Cultivated Mahogany Body Sunburst with a glossy clear finish
- Ebony Macassar Bridge, adjustable to provide an action range from a very high to electric fretless bass type action
- Pressure Piezzo Pick-Ups, which give a very realistic acoustic finger picking and bowing sound. The pressure piezzo system reproduce perfectly the typical 50 cycle attack of the acoustic basses
- Russ Allee/Brunel Active Electronics with volume control, bass control cut and boost, treble control cut and boost, and midrange control cut and boost for a very versatile choice of sounds ranging from the very woody to the most growling styles
- Use a bow just like an acoustic bass
- The bass is on a folding stand that can be adjusted to any angle possible for easy playing
- Available in Mahogany glossy finish or any solid color. Lion-head, head/body sculpting optional
- Gold-plated Bunny Brunel signature accent
- Includes hardshell case and high-end La Bella upright bass stings
For more, check out Brunel’s custom EUB page.