SKB has added to their 3i line with the release of two new watertight bass cases, called the 3i-5014-44 and 3i-5014-OP. Featuring injection molded interiors, the cases are built from a polypropylene copolymer resin and even meet US Military standards for tactical operations. The cases are waterproof, air-tight and submersible while being corrosion resistant.
The case interiors are filled with EPS foam, with a P/J-bass silhouette in the 3i-5014-44 and an open cavity for other body shapes in the 3i-5014-OP. Both models have a large accessory compartment as well.
Both models are rounded out with four SKB patented trigger latches including two built-in TSA locks and recessed in-line wheels. For flight concerns, the cases were pared down to weigh 22 lbs. unpacked and have an automatic ambient pressure equalization valve.
The 3i-5014-44 and 3i-5014-OP Injection Molded Watertight Bass cases are available now for $279.99. For more info, visit the SKB website.
SKB Injection Molded Bass Case Specs:
- High-strength polypropylene copolymer resin
- UV, solvent, corrosion and fungus resistant (MIL-STD-810F)
- Complete gasket seal makes these cases absolutely watertight (MIL-STD-C-4150J)
- Automatic ambient pressure equalization value (MIL-STD-648C & IP67)
- Resistant to corrosion and impact damage
- Molded-in hinges
- Patented “trigger release” TSA Locking Latch system
- Reinforced locking loops for customer supplied locks
- Rubber over-molded cushion grip carrying handle and pull handle
- Quiet-glide wheels