This week we take a look at Noguera Basses’ flagship model, the Expression. Designed to produce a “rich sound with accurate low end,” the bass is hand made in France.
Available in 4-, 5- and 6-string models, the Expression features bolt-on construction with a bubinga body, maple neck, and wenge fingerboard. The elegant bridge is wood with individual brass saddles to improve sound definition. For pickups, Noguera includes a pair of its own single coils matched with a 2-band EQ. The bass can also be switched into passive mode.
While Noguera has several models, the company explains that they offer designs with the option to customize any part of it. The Expression has a base price of €1,850 (approx. $2,470 USD) for the 4-string model. For more, check out the Noguera Basses website.
Noguera Expression Photo Gallery:
Noguera Expression Bass Specs:
- Body: Bubinga
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Wenge
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Finish: Oil
- Frets: 25
- Scale: 34˝
- Frets: Jumbo Jim Dunlop
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Bridge: Wood w/ Brass Saddle
- Neck width ( nut / 24th fret ): 4 string 1.65˝/2.44˝; 5 strings 1.81˝/2.99˝; 6 strings 2.20˝/3.54˝
- String spacing at bridge: 4 string – 0.787˝; 5 string 0.750˝; 6 string 0.728˝
- Pickups: 2 single coil / wood cover
- Electronics: 2 band equalizer active/passive
- Controls: Active/Passive Switch, Volume, Blend, Bass (/- 17db @ 45 hz), Treble (/- 17db @ 4.5khz)