Announced at the 2012 Winter NAMM show, Ibanez is now shipping their 25th anniversary of their SR model basses.
The SR 25th Anniversary Limited Edition bass series includes a 4- and 5-string edition, both premium model basses built at Ibanez’s “Premium factory”.
The basses sport a Padauk top. The company says the wood’s “subtle reddish hue has long captivated fine woodworkers and revisits one of the most popular tops in SR history.”
For electronics, the anniversary SR’s feature USA Nordstrand “Big Single” pickups and an EQB-IIISC 3-band EQ, with Mid frequency switch and EQ bypass switch.
The bass offers a Mono-Rail IV bridge with locking saddles, and ships with a gig bag as well.
Street price is $1,099.99 for the 4-string, and $1,199.99 for the 5-string. For more information, visit Ibanez’s website.
Ibanez SR 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Specs:
- Neck Material: 5pc Wenge/Bubinga
- Neck Type: SR4 and SR5 (4- and 5-string, respectively)
- Body: Mahogany body with Padauk top
- Frets: Medium frets
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Abalone oval inlay
- Bridge: Mono-Rail IV bridge
- NeckPU: Nordstrand Big Single
- BridgePU: Nordstrand Big Single
- EQ: EQB-IIISC
- HW Color: Gold