For his 20th studio album – and first in three years – Eric Clapton decided to change things up a bit. The 67 year old guitarist switched labels, choosing his own Bushbranch imprint through the indie SurfDog label, and recorded an album with his longtime collaborators and friends.
Two of the twelve tracks on Old Sock were penned by Clapton, but this album is much more of a collection of tunes Clapton enjoyed throughout his life, from childhood on, including 1930’s standards, reggae, soul and rock.
Longtime bassist Willie Weeks once again holds down the low end on this album, and Paul McCartney makes a guest appearance on bass and vocals among a large, all-star cast of musicians.
Preview Old Sock:
Old Sock Track List:
- Further on Down the Road (featuring Taj Mahal)
- Angel (featuring JJ Cale)
- The Folks Who Live On the Hill
- Gotta Get Over (featuring Chaka Khan)
- Till Your Well Runs Dry
- All of Me (featuring Paul McCartney)
- Born to Lose
- Still Got the Blues (featuring Steve Winwood)
- Goodnight Irene
- Your One and Only Man
- Every Little Thing
- Our Love Is Here to Stay