AC Guitars has added a new line of basses with the introduction of the Über Graft Spec Series. The new basses build upon the company’s Graft Series of handmade basses, which are made in batch to keep them in an accessible price range. This line offers five body shapes: Finn, Recurve, Harlot, Gallas, and J-Type.
Über Graft basses will be the top spec in the range. They’re built with a Black Limba body, a figured maple top with black veneer accent, and a three-piece maple neck with carbon reinforcement rods. The fingerboard will be either Wenge or Acrylic Impregnated Birdseye Maple for fretted basses and ebony for fretless basses.
Electronics on the bass include an assortment of ACG pickups matched with an ACG SEQ Dual Filter preamp. Hardware includes a Hipshot Type B bridge, a Hipshot string tree, Gotoh GB720 tuners and SIT strings.
The AC Guitars Über Graft Series are not made to order but will be built on an ongoing basis. Pricing varies on the models. For more info, check out the AC Guitars website.
AC Guitars Über Graft Bass Series Details:
- Body: 2 or 3 piece Black Limba
- Top: Figured Maple top with black veneer accent, natural or stained in various colors.
- Neck: 3 piece Maple neck with carbon reinforcement rods.
- Fingerboard: Wenge or Acrylic Impregnated Birdseye Maple finger board. Ebony lined or unlined for fretless.
- Bridge: Hipshot Type B
- String Tree: Hipshot
- Tuners: Gotoh GB720
- Strings: SIT strings.
- Pickups: ACG FB humbuckers, SB Single coils or PB Split coil
- Electronics: ACG SEQ Dual Filter pre-amp
- Dunlop Dual Design straplocks
- Gigbag: Fusion F3
- Finish: satin lacquer on neck and body