Gear Watch: Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp
Studio Devil has released a Virtual Bass Amp, available for purchase and download. Studio Devil is “a virtual tube amplifier processor based on dynamic models of vacuum tube preamps and power stages.
While primarily intended for guitar amp modeling and direct recording of both electric guitar and bass, Studio Devil excels wherever natural tube overdrive and distortion is needed.” The features of the Virtual Bass Amp include:
- Vacuum Tube Preamp Model with Boost Switch for sweet bass tones!
- Authentic Tone Controls: Bass, Treble, and a Parametric Mid for variable amp character!
- Bright and Deep boost pushbuttons to quickly thicken or brighten the response.
- Power Amp Drive Control to adjust natural power amp compression.
- Variable Knee Limiter: fast attack limiter variable from hard clipping to soft compression.
- 2 Cabinet Models: FIR-based 4×10 and 1×15 speaker cabinet and post-production modeling filters give the final sound the finishing touches!
- D.I. Box Emulation: bypasses the speaker emulation to allow compatibility with other impulse modeling cabinet & room sims.
- Built In 7-Band Graphic Equalizer with master level and bypass controls
Studio Devil has also announced the intended release for a new product Amp Modeler Pro, described as “a super-efficient cabinet convolution modeller.” There is no release date yet, but updates to Virtual Bass Amp are due sometime in August.