Gear Watch: Bunny Brunel Electric Upright Bass
There’s a new EUB on the market, designed by bassist Bunny Brunel.
Brunel’s 35 year career as a bassist and educator includes performing with Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Tony Williams, Al Jarreau, Natalie Cole, Stevie Wonder, Dizzy Gillespie, Larry Coryell and Al Dimeola.
The bass has been in production for many years, with limited quantities available to ship in February.
The bass lists for $4,495 for the standard model and $4,995 for the Lion Head Scroll model. Each bass includes a hard shell case, stand and strings.
- 3/4 Size Upright Bass (41 1/4 scale) with an Italian-Style D Neck.
- Classic Ecologically-Cultivated Mahogany Neck and Scroll with fret markers on the side to help beginners and electric bass players who want to switch to upright bass.
- Ebony Macassa Fingerboard with small markers for the high register to compensate from the missing body for positioning.
- Solid Ecologically-Cultivated Mahogany Body Sunburst with a glossy clear finish.
- Ebony Macassa Bridge, adjustable to provide an action range from a very high to electric fretless bass type action.
- Rick Turner Pressure Piezzo Pick-Ups. Rick’s pick-up gives a very realistic acoustic finger picking and bowing sound. The pressure piezzo system reproduce perfectly the typical 50 cycle attack of the acoustic basses.
- Russ Allee/Brunel Active Electronics with volume control, bass control cut and boost, treble control cut and boost, and midrange control cut and boost for a very versatile choice of sounds ranging from the very woody to the most growling styles.
- The bass is on a folding stand that can be adjusted to any angle possible for easy playing.
- Available in Mahogany glossy finish or any solid color. Lion-head, head/body sculpting optional.
For more information, including ordering, visit Brunel’s web site.