Rush Extends Time Machine Tour To UK and Germany (and Maybe More)
Rush has just announced a new string of UK dates next spring as part of their Time Machine Tour. The tour will start in Dublin, Ireland, the first time the band has performed there. The last stop of the announced dates includes the Festhalle in Frankfurt, Germany, and more European dates are likely to be announced soon.
The tour includes hits from past and present as well as the power trio performing Moving Pictures in its entirety.
“Moving Pictures is our most popular album and it’s the one that seems to have passed the test of time most gracefully,” explains bassist Geddy Lee. “We’re playing better than ever, and I’m not sure we’re quite ready to put that tour away.”
Rumor has it the band is working on some additional North America dates as well, covering cities missed during the tour this past summer.
2011 Time Machine Tour Date Additions:
- May 12, 2011 Dublin, Ireland – O2
- May 14, 2011 Glasgow, Scotland – SECC
- May 16, 2011 Sheffield, UK – Motorpoint Arenas
- May 19, 2011 Manchester, UK – MEN Arena
- May 21, 2011 Newcastle, UK – Metro Radio Arena
- May 22, 2011 Birmingham, UK – LG Arena
- May 25, 2011 London, UK – O2
- May 26, 2011 Frankfurt, Germany – Festhalle