Spector Releases RXT Rex Brown Signature Bass
Spector unveiled a few new basses for 2011, including the RXT, a new signature model designed in part by Down’s Rex Brown.
The bass is part of their USA series, meaning it’s built in their Woodstock, New York workshop. Featuring neck-thru construction, the RXT brings together a solid AAAA maple body with a 3-piece maple graphite reinforced neck with a pau ferro fingerboard holding 24 frets.
For electronics, the RXT features a pair of EMG 35DC pickups and an active Spector 9-volt USA Tone Circuit. The hardware comes matte black, including the Spector solid aluminum locking bridge, Gotoh tuners, and Schaller strap locks.
The Spector RXT is available with several options, including color/finish options and fretted or fretless. The bass’s list price is $5,699. For more info, visit the Spector website.
RXT Rex Brown Signature Bass Specs:
- Neck-Thru Body Construction
- Body: Solid AAAA Maple
- Neck: 3-Piece Maple Graphite Reinforced
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro (Bolivian Rosewood)
- Neck Inlays: Spector Crown – Mother-of-Pearl
- Frets: 24
- Scale: 34”
- Neck Radius: 16”
- Width at Nut: 1.64”
- String Spacing at Bridge: 0.75”
- Nut: Brass
- Gotoh Tuners
- Pickups: Active 2x EMG 35DC
- Tone Circuit: Spector 9-volt USA Tone Circuit
- Circuit Type: 18-Volt Active