Pigtronix has released the Class A Boost, designed to fatten any signal, from instruments to line level devices.
The pedal includes discreet transistor topology to boost signals up to 20db without clipping. A flat frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz ensures your bass’s sound is preserved.
The company explains that the pedal’s design allows for noise free performance, and has multiple uses such as adding extra output, pushing gain pedals harder, and hitting the front end of a tube amp to fatten tone.
The Class A Boost can run on a 9-volt power supply, but ships with Pigtronix’s 18-volt adapter for more headroom.
The Pigtronix Class A Boost is available now with a list price of $149. For more info, visit the Pigtronix website.
Pigtronix Class A Boost Pedal Specs:
- Discreet “Class A” single ended audio path
- Max input before overdrive clipping: 3.3V p-p
- Max output before clipping: 8.0V p-p
- 20Hz – 20KHz frequency response
- Gain range: 0 to 10.5
- 18VDC 300mA supply included
- Chassis Size = 2.4” x 4.4” x 1”
- Circuit Design by Howard Davis
- Sound Design by David Koltai