Acoustic USA Launches With Revamped 360/361 Bass Rig
A new branch of the Acoustic brand, called Acoustic USA, has launched with the unveiling of an updated version of the classic 360/361 rig.
The vintage head/cab combo was originally made famous by players like Jaco Pastorius, Larry Graham and Led Zeppelin’s John Paul Jones. Acoustic USA employed the help of former Acoustic President and bass amp guru Russ Alee to update the rig, which he designed in the ‘60s.
The 360 head starts with inputs for both active and passive basses and the input gain with a clip indicator. Next, the head includes a compression circuit and a growl overdrive circuit, both of which are footswitchable (footswitch included) for quick tone changes.
EQ controls include Bass and Treble knobs, as well as a Variamp EQ with switchable frequencies. The front mounted Mute switch coupled with the Tuner Out on the back allow for silent on-stage tuning, while the front mounted Headphone jack lets you easy jam and practice with yourself.
In addition to the effects loop and built-in D.I., the 360 has four preamp outputs, which the company explains can be used to power up to four 361 series powered cabinets simultaneously without issue. The Acoustic 361 yields up to 400 watts at 4 ohms with a frequency response of 38Hz-14kHz. The front loaded folded horn design includes an 18” speaker and a switchable titanium horn driver to provide “bottom end, punchy mids, and snappy highs.”
As the name implies, the Acoustic USA 360/361 is built in the U.S., and comes with a 3-year limited warranty. The rig is available now with an MSRP of $4,999.98. For more info, visit the new Acoustic USA website.
Acoustic USA 360/361 Bass Rig Specs:
360 Head Unit:
- Pre-amplifier Gain – X40
- Signal to Noise Ratio 104dB
- Inputs 2x 1/4” jacks (passive & active)
- Pre-amplifier Output – 4 x 1/4” jacks
- Tuner Output – 1/4” jack
- D.I. Recording Output – XLR jack
- Headphone Output – stereo 1/4” jack
- Effects Loop – 2 x 1/4” jacks
- Footswitch Jack – 1/4” stereo jack
- Size – 6”H x 24.5” W x 12”D
- Shipping Weight – 25 pounds
361 Powered Cabinet:
- Power Output – 400 watts @ 4 Ohms
- Frequency Response – 38Hz-14kHz @ 3dB
- Sensitivity 103dB @ 1w/1m
- Input – 1/4” jack
- Controls – HF Speaker On/Off Switch
- Speakers – 2 (1 x bass driver & 1 x HF speaker)
- Speaker Specs – Custom Eminence 18” Cast Frame
- HF Speaker Specs – Titanium Horn Driver w/2” Coil
- Crossover Specs – 1.4kHz HP Filter 18dB/octave
- Cabinet Design – Front Loaded Folded Horn
- Size – 48”H x 24.5”W x 18”D
- Shipping Weight – 145 pounds