TecAmp Celebrates 25th Anniversary with Raptor Head and Cabinet
German bass amp manufacturer TecAmp is celebrating it’s 25th anniversary with the release of the Raptor Head and Cabinet, limited to 25 pieces. The 300-watt all-tube head features a preamp consisting of four ECC83 tubes and a ECC81, while the power amp section has six 6550 power tubes.
For tone control, TecAmp included a tube-buffered, active 4-band EQ. The head is housed in poplar plywood and covered in lizard skin, with metal cast corners.
The accompanying Raptor Cabinet-4 holds a 15”, 12,” and two 10” speakers, rated at 1200 watts. It also includes a 1 inch NTW1 tweeter, which can has a switching system for tonal versatility. Altogether, the rig weighs in at 59 kg (130 pounds).
The limited TecAmp Raptor Head runs about €3,290 ($4,726 USD) while the Raptor Cabinet goes for €1,590 (~$2,284 USD).
For more info, visit the TecAmp website.
TecAmp Raptor Head and Cabinet Specs:
- Limited: 25 pieces only
- Impedance switchable: 2, 4, 8 Ohms
- Preamp tubes: 4 x ECC83, 1 x ECC81
- Power tubes: 6 x 6550
- EQ: 4-Band, active, tube-buffered
- FX loop: serial
- Outputs: tuber, symmetric XLR DI with Groung Lift, 2 x Speakon Combo
- 1 x line out pre-master
- 1 x line out post-master
- Cabinet: 1.5 cm poplar plywood, lizard skin, metal cast corners, handles, apertures
- Dimensions: 64 x 110 x 41 cm
- Weight: 25 kg (~55 pounds)
- Power: 1200 W
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Speakers: 1 x 15 inch, 1 x 12 inch, 2 x 10 inch
- Tweeter: 1 inch NTW1, tweeter switching system
- Connectors: 2 x Neutrik Speakon, jack combo, parallel
- Max SPL: 102 dB
- Frequency range: 30 – 19.000 Hz
- Housing: poplar plywood, lizard skin cover, metal-cast corners
- Non-slipping rubber feet
- Four handles
- Slide rails
- Dimensions: 60 x 26 x 31 cm
- Weight: 34 kg (~75 pounds)
- Includes wheels