Dio Disciples, Featuring Rudy Sarzo, Announce U.S. Tour Dates
Dio Disciples, a band formed as tribute to the late vocalist Ronnie James Dio, has announced their first U.S. tour. Fronted by singer Tim “Ripper” Owens, the band is made up of alumni from Dio’s band, including bassist Rudy Sarzo, drummer Simon Wright, guitarist Craig Goldy and keyboardist Scott Warren.
The tour starts in Poughkeepsie, New York in late September before wrapping up in Dallas, Texas on October 9th.
“DON’T WORRY, SOUTH, MIDWEST, Southern, CA, Northern, CA, Northwest, Canada and more coming soon!” the band exclaimed in a statement. “We could NEVER replace Ronnie and that is NOT our intention! There will ever only be ONE RJD!!! Dio Disciples is a celebration of the music and legacy of the greatest singer in the world, Ronnie James Dio!”
Sarzo has been a staple of the metal and hard rock scene since the ‘70s, with a resume that includes Quiet Riot, Ozzy Osbourne, Whitesnake, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dio and more – a fact that Blue Oyster Cult played off of during his stint with them.
In 2008, he released an autobiography called Off the Rails, documenting his career and time with Ozzy Osbourne and guitar legend Randy Rhoads.
Dio Disciples Tour Dates:
- September 22, 2011: Poughkeepsie, NY – The Chance
- September 23, 2011: Asbury Park, NJ – Stone Pony
- September 24, 2011: West Springfield – VA Jaxx
- September 25, 2011: Baltimore, MD – Soundstage
- September 26, 2011: Buffalo, NY – Town Ballroom
- September 27, 2011: Pittsburgh, PA – Altar Bar
- September 28, 2011: Cleveland, OH – House of Blues
- September 29, 2011: Chicago, IL – House of Blues
- September 30, 2011: Medina, MN – Medina Entertainment Center
- October 4, 2011: Lexington, KY – Buster’s Billiard & Backroom
- October 6, 2011: Baton Rouge, LA – Varsity Theater
- October 7, 2011: Houston, TX – Scout Bar
- October 8, 2011: San Antonio, TX – Sunken Gardens
- October 9, 2011: Dallas, TX – Trees