Squier Releases Vintage Modified Mustang Bass
Squier has grown their Vintage Modified line with the introduction of a new take on Fender’s mid-60s Mustang bass. Staying true to the original, the Vintage Modified Mustang features a 30″ scale, 19 frets and comes in black or three-color sunburst finishes.
The bolt-on constructed bass has a basswood body with a maple neck and fingerboard, while the pickup has been updated with a Seymour Duncan designed split single coil Mustang pickup. The instrument’s hardware is rounded out with a three-ply pickguard, chrome tuners and the distinct Mustang bridge.
The Squier Vintage Modified Mustang Bass will be available at the end of August with an MSRP of $479, with street price being closer to $279.99.
Squier Vintage Modified Mustang Bass Specs:
- 30″ Scale Length
- Black Dot Position Inlays
- Volume and Tone Control Knobs
- Squier Engraved Neckplate
- Synthetic Bone Nut
- Basswood Body
- Maple Neck
- Maple Fingerboard
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (24.1 cm)
- 19 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Chrome Hardware
- Bridge: Strings-Thru-Body with 4 Individually Adjustable Saddles
- 3-Ply Black/White/Black Pickguard
- Special Design Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass Pickup