Squier announced this week that Biffy Clyro bassist James Johnston’s signature Jazz Bass would be available worldwide in 2012. First announced in Fall of 2009, the instrument has thus far only been available only in Europe.
Johnston’s signature axe is based on his personal Fender USA Jazz and has a basswood body finished in Lake Placid Blue with a matching headstock. The Scottish bassist’s signature is found on the back of the headstock, while the Biffy Clyro logo is written on the front.
Other features include three-ply mint green pickguard, a pair of custom single-coil Jazz pickups, and a HiMass bridge with brass barrel saddles.
The Squier James Johnston Jazz Bass is expected to be shipping worldwide in early 2012 with an MSRP of $549.99. Street prices aren’t yet known. For more, visit the Squier website.
Squier James Johnston Jazz Bass Specs:
- Body: Basswood
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C” Shape
- Frets: 20
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5” (24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Scale Length: 34” (86.36 cm)
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Jazz Bass® Single-Coil Bridge Pickup
- Neck Pickup: Custom Jazz Bass® Single-Coil Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Volume, Tone
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Bridge
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone