Hand made in Italy, the Wood & Tronics Chronos is the company’s take on the single cut design, and a great one at that. Wood and Tronics was founded by Enrico Pasini and luthier Erik Furlan after Pasini, who was a frequent visitor and admirer of the Fodera Guitars shop, decided to follow his dream of making his own custom basses.
The Chronos is available in 4-, 5-, and 6-string models and can be customized to your heart’s content as far as woods, electronics and even construction.
Though each bass is unique, standard options offered include an East/W&T SP preamp, 32-36″ scale length, a 3-piece neck, and a satin finish.
Pricing varies on each instrument depending on options. For more info and a full list of options, check out the Wood & Tronics site.
Wood & Tronics Chronos Photo Gallery:
Wood & Tronics Chronos Demo:
Wood & Tronics Chronos Specs:
- East/W&T SP” preamp
- Scale length (from 32” to 36”)
- 3-piece neck
- Fretless (either lined or unlined)
- Standard (Medium) or Small frets
- Brass, bone or hardwood nut
- Fret size and number
- Satin finish
- Body Woods: Ash, American Black Walnut, Alder, Mahogany, Bubinga (Kewazingo), Pear
- Fingerboard Woods:Ebony, Indian Rosewood, Morado, Satinwood, Birdseye Maple
- Neck Woods:Several possible combinations of 3, 5 or 7 wood laminates