Squier Announces Mikey Way Signature Mustang Bass
Squier’s latest in their Artist Model Series is the Mikey Way Signature Mustang Bass, a short-scale bass made with input by the Chemical Romance bassist.
The bass take on the class Mustang features and adds some flair, with a large-flake Silver Sparkle finish with black racing stripes, with a black headstock with a silver Squier logo on the front, and Way’s signature on the back.
The bass has a single humbucking pickup and features a maple neck with a 9.5”-radius rosewood fingerboard and 19 medium jumbo frets.
The MSRP is set at $499.99. Street prices are not currently available. For more, visit Fender’s website.
Squier Mikey Way Signature Mustang Bass Specs:
- Body: Basswood
- Finish: Large Flake Silver Sparkle Body with Black Stripes, Painted Black Headstock, Silver Squier Logo, Mikey Way Signature on back of Headstock
- Neck Shape: “C” Shape
- Number of Frets: 19
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Parchment Dot Position Inlays
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5″ (24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane Finish
- Nut Width: 1.5″ (38.1 mm)
- Scale Length: 30″ (76.2 cm)
- Headstock: Painted Black, Artist Signature on back of Headstock
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Neck Plate
- Truss Rod Nut: 4 mm Truss Rod Nut
- Pickup Configuration: Humbucking Pickup
- Middle Pickup: Covered Passive Humbucking Pickup (Middle)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Bridge: Strings-Thru-Body with 4 Individually Adjustable Saddles
- String Nut: White PPS
- Pickup Covers: Black Pickup Cover
- Truss Rod Wrench: 4 mm Truss Rod Wrench
- Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench: 1.5 mm
- Strings: NPS, .040-.095 Gauges
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Included Accessories: Wrenches: 1.5mm, 4mm
- Control Knobs: Black Numbered Volume and Tone Control Knobs