Peavey Unveils Cirrus Rudy Sarzo Signature Bass
Peavey’s NAMM product announcements included the all-new Cirrus Rudy Sarzo Signature Bass, incorporating elements of the rock veteran’s original signature bass and their Cirrus line.
The 35″ scale bass features neck-through construction with maple neck and mahogany stringers. Graphite reinforcement and a dual expanding truss ensure a sturdy neck, while Rudy’s signature snake-eye inlays serve as fret markers in the rosewood fretboard.
Interestingly, the body wings are made of bamboo, which Sarzo says plays great, though equally important to the bassist, is easily renewable.
Peavey included a pair of their VFL active pickups coupled with an active three-band EQ for tonal options. The bass is rounded out by a “finger-style” bridge and gold hardware.
The Peavey Cirrus Rudy Sarzo Signature Bass is expected to ship within the first quarter with an MSRP of $1,499. For more, visit the Peavey website.
Peavey Cirrus Rudy Sarzo Signature Bass Specs:
- 35″ scale with four strings
- Maple neck-through body construction with mahogany stringers
- Chambered bamboo wings
- Rosewood fingerboard with snake-eye inlays
- Two Peavey VFL active pickups and active three-band EQ with +/- 10 dB boost/cut
- Individual, finger-style bridge and gold hardware
- Graphite-reinforced neck with dual expanding truss rod
- Gloss finish on body and headstock