Ampeg Announces 2012 Run of Limited Edition Heritage B-15 Amps
Last year, Ampeg paid their respects to their legendary B-15 flip-top combo with a special run of 50 hand-built and hand-wired units. This year, they’ve announced a second run of 100 units.
The new Heritage B-15 features the circuit paths of both the 1964 and 1966 models, including the classic Baxandall EQ controls. That, matched with premium 6SL7 octal preamp tubes with a bias switch, allows for recreating each years’ distinct bias methodology, Ampeg says.
The cabinet features a double baffle design and houses the combo’s 15″ Eminence driver.
The 2012 run of Ampeg Heritage B-15 combos is limited to 100 units, expected to be available worldwide in June. For more, visit the Ampeg website.
Ampeg 2012 Limited Edition Heritage B-15 Amp Specs:
- RMS Power Output: 30W RMS (1966 bias) / 25W RMS (1964 bias)
- LF Driver: 1 x 15? custom Eminence®
- Preamp: Tube (3 x 6SL7)
- Rectifier: Tube (1 x 5AR4 or 5U4G)
- Power Amp: Tube (2 x 6L6GC)
- Channel 1: 1964 (B-15NC)
- Channel 2: 1966 (B-15NF)
- Tone Controls: Baxandall Bass and Treble (per channel)
- Power Tube Bias: Selectable (1964/cathode, 1966/fixed)
- Speaker Outputs: 1 x 8 ohm, 2 x 4 ohm
- Line Out: Yes
- Dimensions (H x W x D inches): 27 x 21 x 14 w/dolly
- Handling Weight: 95 lbs / 43.1 kg