La Bella Expands Super Alloy 52 Strings Line to Bass

La Bella Super Alloy 52 Bass StringsLa Bella has expanded their Super Alloy 52 Series of strings with the addition of four new electric bass sets. Available in Extra Light, Light, Standard Light, and 5-string Standard Light, the new strings are described as bright and tarnish-proof.

The line gets its name from the string’s outer wrap, which contains 52% nickel to prevent tarnishing. The other 48% is iron for increasing the strings’ magnetic properties and thus electronic response.

The La Bella Super Alloy 52 Bass Strings will be available in the next few weeks with an MSRP of $58, according to the company. For more, check out the La Bella website.

La Bella Super Alloy 52 Bass String Sets/Gauges:

  • Set SAB 40 Extra Light: .040, .060, .075, .095
  • Set SAB 42 Light: .040, .060, .080, .100
  • Set SAB 45 Standard Light: .045, .065, .085, .105
  • Set SAB 45-­?B Low “B” Standard Light: .045, .065, .085, .105, .128

Get Bass Gear News in your inbox.

Stay up to date on the latest bass gear news (every Thursday).

Share your thoughts

  1. Sweet, new strings that I can’t find anywhere and that are twice the price of anything that isn’t Thomastik.