AC Guitars Introduces J-Type Models
Alan Cringean of AC Guitars has unveiled the J-Type series, a line of basses that gives a nod to classic bass design.
“This range of basses offers a more traditional body shape but still has features that are typical of the ACG ethos,” the luthier explained.
Available in 4- and 5-string versions, the J-Type is built to order and therefore presents several options for customization. The bass is offered with either an alder or ash body, while the 3-piece maple neck can be topped with either rosewood or an acrylic impregnated birdseye maple board. The neck has an asymmetric profile and is supported by a dual action truss rod and carbon rods.
For hardware, Cringean includes a Hipshot Type A bridge, Gotoh GB7 tuners, and a Hipshot string tree. The pickups are ACG’s SB single coils or FB humbuckers in 25mm wide casings and are paired with either an East UK U-retro or P-retro preamp.
Prices for the AC Guitars J-Type basses start at £1,600 for a 4-string and £1,650 for a 5-string, which is approximately $2,516 USD and $2,594 USD, respectively. For more details, visit the AC Guitars website.
AC Guitars J-Type Bass Specs:
- Body: Alder on solid color basses, Ash in a natural finish
- Neck: 3-piece maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood or acrylic impregnated birdseye maple
- Dual action truss rod
- Carbon rod reinforcements
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Profile: Asymmetric
- Pickups: ACG SB single coils or FB hum buckers in a 25mm wide casing
- Hipshot: Hipshot Type A
- String Spacing: 18mm
- Tuners: Gotoh GB7
- Dunlop Dual Design straplocks
- Electronics: East UK U-Retro or P-Retro
- Gloss Finish
- Hiscox Hardcase or fusion gig bag
- Fretless or ebony fretboard at no extra cost