Digitech Unveils iStomp Configurable Stompbox
Digitech has released the iStomp, a configurable stompbox pedal that can be changed to different effects. Different effects ranging from reverb to distortion can be downloaded from the new Digitech Stomp Shop and can then be loaded into the iStomp via an iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad and a proprietary cable.
All effects processing takes place in the actual stompbox, so it’s not necessary to leave your iOS device plugged into it.
The pedal comes with two pedals to start – Digitech’s Total Recall digital delay and Redline Overdrive. There are currently 25 pedals for purchase in the Stomp Shop with more coming soon. Each effect is available for $0.99, but one cool feature is that you can try out any effect before purchasing, giving you five minutes of previewing time to use in your rig so you can decide whether you like it or not.
The Shop also saves a record of the pedals you purchase so you can reload any pedal to your iStomp at any time.
The Digitech iStomp is available now for $149.99.
Digitech iStomp Features:
- More than 25 different pedals to choose from
- User defined custom LED color for any pedal loaded to the iStomp
- Die-cut removable custom labels for multiple pedals included
- True stereo in and stereo out
- Compatible with all models of iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad running iOS 4 or later.
- Input Connectors: 1/4” Stereo
- Output Connectors: 1/4” Stereo
- Power Connector: 9VDC
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz +/- 1.7 dB (through DSP)
- Controls: On/Off Footswitch, 4 Control Knobs
- Dimensions: 4.9” (L) x 3.15” (W) x 1.65” (H)
- Unit Weight: 0.6 lbs.
- Data Connection: DigiTech Smart Cable (DSC) 9 Pin