Fender Introduces Pawn Shop Reverse Jaguar Bass
Fender has introduced the 2012 line of Pawn Shop guitars, which they claim are inspired by their eccentric creations from the ’60s and ’70s and are “guitars that never were, but should have been.”
Included in that lineup is the Fender Pawn Shop Reverse Jaguar Bass, an instrument that takes their classic design and flips the body as well as headstock. It’s also the first bass of the series.
The Pawn Shop Reverse Jaguar is built with an Alder body and maple neck and fingerboard. It comes in three finishes – 2-Color Sunburst, Black, and Candy Apple Red – and sports a new pickguard shape.
For pickups, Fender included a pair of humbuckers while streamlining the standard Jaguar controls to Volume, Tone and a three-way pickup selector.
The Fender Pawn Shop Reverse Jaguar Bass will be available with an MSRP of $1,079. For more, check out the Fender website.
Fender Pawn Shop Reverse Jaguar Bass Demo:
Fender Pawn Shop Reverse Jaguar Bass Specs:
- Colors: 2-Color Sunburst, Black, Candy Apple Red
- Body: Alder
- Body Shape: Jaguar
- Neck Shape: “C” Shape
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5? (24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Urethane
- Nut Width: 1.625? (41.3 mm)
- Scale Length: 32? (81.2 cm)
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Bridge Pickup: Reverse Jaguar Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: Big Block Humbucking
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickups, Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Bridge: New Fender High Mass Modern Bridge
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045-.105)
- Unique Features: Humbucking Pickups, Reverse Headstock, New Fender High Mass Modern Bridge
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Pickguards: 3-Ply Mint Green/Black/Mint Green