Epiphone Introduces Thunderbird Classic-IV PRO Basses
Epiphone is unveiling a new version of a classic with the Thunderbird Classic-IV PRO. The bass is set apart from its siblings by being equipped with a pair of Gibson TB Plus Humbucking pickups featuring ceramic magnets, which the company says produce “high gain, smooth tone and high-end definition.” The pickups are controlled with separate volume knobs as well as a master tone knob.
Sporting the same iconic design first introduced in 1963, the bass is built with mahogany body wings, a 7-ply mahogany/walnut laminate neck, and a rosewood fingerboard. It comes in either Alpine White or Vintage Sunburst.
The Epiphone Thunderbird Classic-IV PRO is expected to be shipping in late May/early June with a street price of $499. For more info, visit the Epiphone website.
Epiphone Thunderbird Classic-IV PRO Specs:
- Neck Material: 7-ply; Mahogany/Walnut Laminate
- Neck Joint: Through-Neck
- Body Material: Mahogany Body Wings
- Neck Shape: 1960’s Rounded Bass Profile
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 1-ply black with “Epiphone” silkscreened in Gold
- Scale Length: 34?
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with pearloid “DOT” inlays
- Neck Pickup: Gibson TB Plus™ Humbucker; Ceramic Magnets
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson TB Plus™ Humbucker; Ceramic Magnets
- Controls: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, Master Tone, Neck Pickup Tone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12?
- Frets: 20; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: Original 3-point adjustable
- Nut Width: 1-1/2?
- Nut Material: Imitation Bone; White
- Hardware: Black
- Machine Heads: Die-Cast Bass Tuners
- Knobs: Black Tophats with chrome metal inserts
- Colors: Alpine White (AW), Vintage Sunburst (VS)