Bass of the Week: Shuker Singlecut Elite
The Shuker Singlecut Elite is one beautiful instrument. Built by luthier Jon Shuker in the UK, the bass is highly customizable with options running from number of strings to top wood to construction type.
Standard features include a 7-piece laminated neck made of maple, wenge, and padauk, a walnut body core, and a fingerboard of either Rio Rosewood, ebony, or composite material. Each bass also has a master grade figured top and back with a matching headstock.
The pickups are also up to you, with options by Seymour Duncan, EMG and Bartolini. They’re then matched with either Shuker or EMG 3-band electronics. The hardware consists of Gotoh GB707 tuners, a brass nut, and individual bridge units. For more information, check out Shuker’s website.
Shuker Singlecut Elite Bass Photo Gallery:
Shuker Singlecut Elite Bass Specs:
- 4-, 5- or 6- String
- Fretted or Fretless
- 7 piece Maple / Wenge, paduak laminated neck
- Master grade figured Top & Back
- Walnut body core (other woods available)
- Matching Head Veneer
- Rio Rosewood / Ebony / Composite Fingerboard
- 24 Frets
- 34? / 35? Scale
- Gotoh GB707 Tuners
- Brass Nut
- Two-Way Truss Rod
- Medium Jumbo Fretwire
- Mother-of-Pearl Side Dots
- Individual Bridge Units
- Black Hardware
- Seymour Duncan / EMG / Bartolini Pick-ups
- Shuker / EMG 3-band active circuit