La Bella Strings Launches First Bass Guitar: The Olinto
With nearly 100 years in the string manufacturing business, La Bella Strings is getting into producing instruments starting with the Olinto Bass Guitar. Taking its name from one of the company’s founding brothers, the Olinto is handcrafted in New York City’s Lower East Side by renowned luthier Mas Hino.
The vintage style bass is built with hand-carved Alder that is finished with a nitro-lacquer and comes in Sunburst, Olympic White, Black, and Natural colors. The maple neck has a classic “C” shape profile and is topped with a Madagascar rosewood fingerboard.
Hardware on the Olinto includes a bone string nut, vintage style reverse tuning machines, and an American Vintage 4 saddle bridge. More vintage mojo is added with chrome bridge and pickup covers. Its pickup is a single split-coil controlled with a volume knob and a tone knob.
La Bella ships the bass with a choice of their strings as well as an extra set. A gig bag is included.
The La Bella Olinto is available for order now directly from the company’s website for $2,950.
La Bella Olinto Bass Guitar Specs:
- Body: Hand-carved Alder
- Finish: Nitro-lacquered
- Colors: Sunburst, Olympic White, Black, Natural
- Scale: 34?
- Neck: Hand-carved Maple
- Neck Profile: “C” Shape
- Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage Style
- Fretboard: Madagascar Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Clay Dot
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Truss Rod: Dual Adjustable
- Nut: Hand-Shaped Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75?
- Radius: 7.25?
- Pickup: Single Split-Coil
- Controls: One Master Volume, One Master Tone
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: American Vintage 4 Saddle Bass
- Bridge Tailpiece: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- String Nut: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Reverse Tuning Machines
- Pickup Covers: Chrome Pickup Covers
- Made in New York City, New York
- Gig Bag Included