Lesson: Funky Finger Funk with Pentatonic Fill
Time to get funky.
Here’s another quick bass lick lesson for you, centered around a pentatonic fill.
Follow along with the video and this transcription (PDF download).
If you want some background, there are a few lessons here covering pentatonic scales and patterns:
- Breaking Down the Pentatonic Scale: The Five Positions on Bass
- Improvising and Groove: Substituting Pentatonic Scales on a Minor 7 Progression
- Expand Your Bass Fretboard Knowledge with the Pentatonic Scale
- Advanced Bass Fretboard Knowledge with the Pentatonic Scale
- 1964 Fender Jazz, favoring the bridge pickup with the tone control rolled back a bit
- Dunlop nickel strings (gauge: 45-105)
- Korg Pandora PX5 with drum pattern (tempo 95 bpm)
- Recorded into a Zoom Q3 HD via line in
For more great bass lessons from Thomas "MarloweDK" Risell, visit PlayBassNow.com.