Bass of the Week: Odyssey Basses Calypso
This week, we’re checking out the Calypso from Odyssey Basses, a bass that’s handmade in Greece by luthier Iannis Ioannides. The slick design comes in 4-, 5-, and 6-string configurations with options for lefties, as well.
The Calypso comes standard with a lightweight swamp ash body, an American maple neck, and an Indian Rosewood fingerboard, though several upgrade options are available.
The scale length pushes a little over the standard, coming in at 34.5 inches. Electronics on the bass include a pair of Bartolini single coils matched with an Odyssey 3-band EQ, and its hardware includes an ETS bridge and Kluson tuners.
Odyssey Basses Calypso Bass Photo Gallery:
Odyssey Basses Calypso Bass Specs:
- Strings: 4, 5, 6
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Scale: 34? on the 4-string, 34.5? for the 5- and 6-string
- String Spacing (bridge): 19mm for 4-string; 18mm for 5- and 6-string
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood
- Body Back: Light Swamp Ash
- Pickups: Two Bartolini Noiseless Single Coil
- Preamp: Odyssey 3 band EQ
- Bridge: ETS
- Tuners: Kluson
- Finish: Oil
- Left-Handed Version Available
For more, check out the Odyssey Basses website.