Bass of the Week: Lipe Guitars Lupara
The Lipe Guitars Lupara bass is handmade in California by veteran luthier Mike Lipe. Based on his guitar models, the Lupara comes in 4- and 5-string versions with a choice of P/J, J/J, and humbucker pickup configurations.
The bass comes standard with an alder body that’s contoured for comfort. Several choices for exotic tops are available including mango, quilted maple, spalted maple, koa, redwood, walnut, and curly maple. The neck is quartersawn hard rock maple with a choice of profiles and either an Indian Rosewood or Pao Ferro fretboard.
Its pickups are made by Amalfitano and are paired with passive electronics. Other features include Hipshot hardware, Dunlop strap buttons, and a Graph Tech nut. For more info, check out the Lipe Guitars website.
Lipe Guitars Lupara Photo Gallery:
Lipe Guitars Lupara Specs:
- Body Top: All Alder, Mango, Quilted Maple, Spalted Maple, Koa, Redwood, Walnut, Curly Maple
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Type: Solid Body With Bent Top
- Electronics Route: Rear Route
- Neck Heel Type: Sculpted Double Cut Away
- Finish Color: Pat Wilkins Color Chart
- Finish: Polyester
- Pickups: Amalfitano
- Pickup Configuration: H-S , S-S
- Pickguard: None
- Strings: 4 or 5
- Neck Wood: Hard Rock Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin or Gloss
- Headstock: Matches Body Top
- Fingerboard / Fretboard: Indian Rosewood, Pao Ferro
- Neck Shape: C, D, V, Soft V
- Scale: 34?
- Fret Count: 21
- Radius: 12?
- Fret Wire: Jascar – Small, Medium, Jumbo
- Fretmarkers (Dots): Abalone, Mother of Pearl, Turquoise
- Nut: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 1 5/8, 1 11/16, 1 3/4
- Headstock Angle: 7.00%
- Truss Rod: Bruce Johnson 2 Way
- Tuners: Hipshot
- Peghead: 4 Inline
- Bridge Type: Hipshot Style A or B
- Strap Buttons: Dunlop
- Controls: Volume, Tone, Blend
- Capacitor: Ceramic
- Hardware: Chrome
- Carrying Case: Gig Bag