London-based music producer Gaudi has tapped a wealth of bassists for his latest album, entitled Magnetic. Drawing inspiration from the RareNoise Records catalog, the composer blends electronica, rock, jazz, and ambient music for a tapestry of sounds.
“It is not a departure from the Gaudi we know and love,” a press release states, “however, Magnetic is a celebration of bass in all its guises – there are six world class bass players featured in the album – and Gaudi’s roots as a pianist and self confessed lifelong synth junkie, come up fairly center stage.” The bass lineup includes Bill Laswell, Tony Levin, Colin Edwin, Shanir Ezra Blumenkranz, and Jamie Saft.
Check out this album teaser for a taste of the bass:
Magnetic Track List:
- 30HZ Dub Prelude (Colin Edwin)
- Opus 12, No.7 (Shanir Ezra Blumenkranz)
- Memories in My Pentagram (Jamie Saft)
- Nocturnal Sonata (Bill Laswell)
- Electronic Impromptu in E-Flat Minor (Bill Laswell)
- Modular Rondo (Tony Levin)
- Die Ballade vom Frosch (Colin Edwin)
- Epilogue Leitmotif (Bill Laswell)