Mononeon Releases “Banana Peel on Capitol Hill”
Mononeon is getting the year started on the right foot with the release of Banana Peel on Capitol Hill, an album he describes as “comedy, allegory and funk in a 25-minute package.” The nine-song album is packed with the bassist’s signature grooves and quirky sense of humor.
Mononeon wrote, performed, and recorded all of the songs, playing nearly every instrument on the album. He called on Sam “RetroPMas” Porter to play drums on “Find the Gold” while Nicholas Semrad provided additional keyboards on the title track.
Check out the album teaser:
In other news, Mononeon is currently up for two Grammys for his playing on Nas’ King’s Disease, which is up for Best Rap Album, and Jacob Collier’s Djesse Vol. 3, which is up for three categories including Album of the Year. Congrats to Mono, and best of luck!
Banana Peel on Capitol Hill Track List:
- Spider-Mane Was on Crack One Day
- Am I Trippin’ (Overthinkoverlove)
- Gentrified Chickkken Tearing Down Your Neighborhood (feat. AWFM)
- Uglybeautiful (No So Awful as It Seems)
- Breathing While Black
- Find the Gold
- My Heart Can’t Take Anymore Losses (Can I Restart?)
- Slipping on a Banana Peel (On Capitol Hill)
- Everyone Ain’t Here to Hurt You