Hook, who was the bassist/founder of the post-punk outfit, took a similar tour late last year, but was only showcasing the first Joy Division album.
Closer was Joy Division’s last album, released just after the suicide of lead singer Ian Curtis.
“Ian was very ill with epilepsy when we were recording the Closer album,” Hook said in an article for the Guardian. “Listening to Closer again, it’s heart-rending. Ian created a wonderful testimony of how he felt at the time: apprehensive, fearful but powerful. Not in control of your destiny: you can hear how that break evolved.”
Joy Division Closer Tour Dates:
- September 14, 2011: Los Angeles, CA – The Music Box (performing Closer)
- September 16, 2011: Los Angeles, CA – El Rey (performing Closer)
- September 17, 2011: San Francisco, CA – Mezzanine (performing Closer)
- September 19, 2011: Denver, CO – Bluebird Theater (performing Unknown Pleasures)
- September 20, 2011: Boston, MA – Paradise (performing Closer)
- September 23, 2011: Chicago, IL – Metro (performing Closer)
- September 24, 2011: Toronto, ON – Phoenix (performing Unknown Pleasures)
- September 25, 2011: Montreal, QC – Club Soda (performing Unknown Pleasures)