Epiphone has announced a new, limited edition of the Jack Casady Signature Bass in a rare Silverburst finish. Limited to 500 instruments, the semi-hollowbody bass is built with set-neck construction with a mahogany neck and laminated maple top, back and sides for the body.
Designed by Casady in collaboration with Epiphone, the bass sports a low-impedance JCB-1 humbucker.
“I went to work on the pickup and it took almost two years to develop,” the former Jefferson Airplane and current Hot Tuna bassist explained. “I did a lot of homework and bench testing and finally when it clicked in right, it was great.”
The pickup has a VariGain switch for shaping the sound and output levels with three positions: 50, 250, and 500 ohms.
The bass’s throwback look is rounded out with chrome Clover bass tuners and a three-point adjustable bridge.
The Epiphone Limited Edition Jack Casady Signature Bass will be available in the coming months with a street price of about $699. For more info, check out the Epiphone website.
Epiphone Limited Edition Jack Casady Signature Bass Specs:
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Glued-In; Set-Neck
- Body Material: Laminated Maple Top, Back and Sides
- Neck Shape: 1960’s Rounded Bass Profile
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply black/white with “E” silkscreened in WHITE
- Scale Length: 34”
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with pearloid “Trapezoid” inlays
- Middle Pickup: Low-Impedance JCB-1™ Humbucker
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- 3-Position VariGain™ Switch: 50, 250, 500 ohms
- Binding Body – Top and Back = 1 ply Cream
- Pickguard: 1-Ply; Black
- Fingerboard Radius: 12”
- Frets: 20; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: Original 3-point adjustable
- Nut Width: 1-1/2”
- Nut Material: Imitation Bone; White
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Die-Cast “Clover” Bass Tuners
- Knobs: Black Speed Knobs
- Production Quantity: 500 pcs
- Colors: Silverburst (SB)