Overture Guitars has made a pretty rad signature bass for Timothy Gaines of Stryper. The “TG” Stronghold sports a poplar body with a Yellow Relic paint scheme hand-painted by artist Tim Beck. As each is done individually, every bass has a little different paint scheme and is unique to itself.
The bass’s maple neck is topped with a unique 7-piece multi-laminate fingerboard including ebony and yellowheart. It has black dot inlays for position markers as well as a Mother of Pearl Pyramid inlay at the 12th fret.
Hardware on the bass includes Hipshot Y Key Ultralite tuners with a Drop D-extender and your choice of either a Hipshot A-Style Bridge or a Badass Bridge III. The pickups are made by Status with a J-style in the neck position and a MM-style pickups in the bridge position. They’re matched with a Status 303 Active circuit board that has Master Volume, Blend, Treble, Bass, and Mid controls. Additionally, the mid-frequency can be adjusted with a boost/flat/cut switch.
The Overture Timothy Gaines Signature “TG” Stronghold Bass comes with a certificate of authenticity and a custom hardshell case. It has a list price of $2,650. For more, check out the Overture website.
Overture Timothy Gaines Signature “TG” Stronghold Bass Photo Gallery:
Overture Timothy Gaines Signature “TG” Stronghold Bass Specs:
- Body Wood: Poplar
- Scale Length: 34˝
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fretboard Wood: 7 Piece multi-laminate stripes made with Ebony and Yellowheart woods
- Neck Shape: D-Shaped
- Fretboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl Pryamid with black dot inlay
- Frets: 24 Frets – Jumbo or Medium Fret wire (your choice of stainless steel or Nickel/Silver fret wire)
- Bridge options: Hipshot A-Style Bridge (standard bridge choice), or Badass Bridge III
- Tuners: Hipshot Y Key Ultralites with Drop D Extender
- Hardware Options: Black
- Pickups: Status “J” style and Musicman style
- Nut: Graphite
- Electronics: Status 303 Active Circuit board
- Paint: Yellow Royal Relic paint scheme with Signature black and white stripes – These basses are hand-painted by Internationally recognized Artist, Tim Beck. Each bass will have slight differences in the paint scheme.
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Case: Custom Overture Guitars Hard Shell Case with keys